You can request Puja for specific problems, to remove obstacles, for wellbeing and success. Also, there is great virtue in supporting the Dharma centre founded by our Guru, Venerable Namgyel.
There are three types of obstacles:
Worldly obstacles - which affect our daily life, relationships, career etc.
Inner obstacles - which often manifest as strong emotions, confusion and can harm our mental and later, our physical health.
Secret obstacles - which bring all kinds of difficulties to achieving enlightenment and prevent us from practicing Dharma.
Why request Puja?
We may experience up and down moments in life and according to Buddhism, what happens in life is the result of our past actions. From beginning-less time, we have committed virtuous as well as non-virtuous actions. The happiness we experience is the result of past virtuous actions. Conversely, the sufferings and obstacles we experience are due to past negative actions.
Once the negative actions have been performed, there are only two ways to finish the karma 1) by experiencing the result or 2) by purifying the karma. Making light offerings and requesting Puja are the common way in Tibetan Buddhism to help to purify the negative karma, remove obstacles and accumulate merit. It is said that merit accumulated in relation to the Buddha, the Dharma or the Sangha can ripen very quickly in this lifetime. However, to be honest, we must say that you must have the karma to experience the result of the Pujas and light offerings…..the situation is one of dependent arising
Pujas can be performed for various purposes:
- To bring success in activities, business, relationships, family and other worldly purposes or spiritual purposes.
- Removing health obstacles, both mental and physical.
- Blessing the deceased, to pray for them to be reborn in Pure Realms and for liberation.
- Prayers for the dying, for them to have the virtuous mind that could benefit them during the time of death.
Puja and the key benefits:
- Pacify sickness: Medicine Buddha
- Long Life: White Tara
- Help the deceased: Medicine Buddha
- Bring success in activities: Red Tara, Lama Choepa Guru Puja, Green Tara
- Remove obstacle: Green Tara, Protector puja (Palden Lhamo)
Special Situation / Divination/ Observation
If you have a special situation and you are not sure which puja would help, you can request divination, and Genla will check for you. Or if the puja you want to do is not in this list, we can arrange specially for you. Please contact us directly by email with your request, or if you have any questions you can write to us at Venerableonlinesangha@gmail.com